Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Heating Elements for the soil

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:46:17 +0900, the infamous "K Ludger"
scrawled the following:

"trg-s338" wrote in message
I'm building a 4 x 8 foot greenhouse planter and would like to embed
an electrical heating system, some kind of grid/mesh in the soil.
Just need to keep the soil around 70 degrees. Accomplishing this with
the least use of electricity is a plus if possible. Is this something
I can build or salvage off of an existing system? I would appreciate
any suggestions or direction where I can research further. Thanks.

something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trace_heating

http://tinyurl.com/9zpn4h and http://tinyurl.com/87bge8
Not cheap, but quite reliable.

--
We should take care not to make the intellect our god;
it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.