Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default Static Sound in Radio Volume Control

"Michael" wrote in message
Over time, the volume controls of all my clock radios always develop a loud
static sound whenever I adjust the volume. Is there a remedy for this?
--
Thanks,
Michael

Yes, the easiest and most usual solution is to go to your local Radio Shack toy
and cell phone store and get a can of TV-Tuner/Control Cleaner & Lubricant
Catalog #: 64-4315
Open your clock radio so that you can get to the volume control. It will have
an open area next to the terminals that gives you access to the resistance
element and contact inside.Point the spray tube of your tuner cleaner and spray
about ONE (1) second of cleaner into the innards of the control. Exercise the
control through its full range four or five times.
Reassemble your radio. That should fix the scratchy noise.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.