Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default pz0, pz1, pz2, pz3 sizes

Stephen wrote:

Hello,

I have tried to search, unsuccessfully, for a table showing what size
pozi-bit you use with which screw.

I've always found that 6G and 8G screws use a PZ2 and 10G and 12G use
a PZ3. Is that right so far?

But I was given one of those kits with every bit you need and quite a
few you don't, and it has a PZ0 and a PZ1 bit. What screws are these
for? I presume one is for 4G screws but the other?

Thanks,
Stephen.

I don't think that there's necessarily a fixed relationship between screw
size and pozi slot size - although some size combinations are common/usual.

The only real rule is that you need to use a PZn bit on a screw which has a
PZn-sized slot in it. It's not always obvious just by looking - I sometimes
have to try more than one bit in a screw to find which one fits best.

I don't think I've seen any size 0 bits. Probably used on the sort of screws
used in optical equipment - cameras, bioculars, etc.
--
Cheers,
Roger