Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Toilet cistern condensation

Winelight wrote:
Mains filled toilet cistern with vast amounts of condensation running
off it.

It's already boxed in.
The bathroom has (working) humidstat extractor fan.
The bathroom has heating.

So that rules out the three most commonly suggested "fixes" which
leaves me with the other things that people have suggested from time
to time:

Drip tray. These don't seem to exist, or I can't find them.
Tri-wall cistern. These don't seem to exist, or I can't find them.
Insulated cistern. These don't seem to exist, or I can't find them.

So that just leaves:

Insulate the interior of the cistern myself. It seems I have a choice
of cutting up a yoga mat and gluing it on (I can't see that working,
at least not if I do it, anyway), or spraying some kind of insulating
foam on the inside.

Does that sound right? Or have I missed another easy solution?

We too have boxed in cisterns.
One of those is mains fed.
Neither exhibits any condensation. (Not saying that there is never any
trace if you looked hard. But there is never any sign of there having
been dampness.)

Both are mildly heated (except when actually using the bathroom).

I think that the humidity is still high in your bathroom - regardless of
the humidistat. We have a very cheap clock/thermometer/hygrometer. Maybe
you could get hold of one and actually check the (relative) humidity levels?

--
Rod

onset.