Posted to uk.d-i-y
alex6192[_2_] alex6192[_2_] is offline

Default wiring two gang two way light switch

David Hansen;1476111 Wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:32:38 +0000 someone who may be alex6192
wrote this:-
-
I am trying to replace two light switches for dimmers.

Both switches are two way.

One of the switches has three wires and the other has two.-

Are the switches side by side, or in separate locations?

What is marked on the terminals into which these wires are
connected? If you can't pull the switches out to look with the wires
connected then undo one terminal at a time and mark which wires went
into that one, then when you have the switch off see what the
markings are.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents

Hi david,

The switches are in seperate locations. Both are two gang and both are
two-way. The switches control two banks of spot lights in the lougne (4
spot lights each). The box which has three wires (3 3 core wires) is in
one location and the box which has two wires (2 3 core wires) is in
another location.

Studily I didn't mark which wires went where when taking off the old
switches. btw the new switches are dimmers.

--
alex6192