Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default gluing mirror to plastic (car door mirror)

When you say "unit", do you mean the entire internal parts inside the
mirror "shell", or do you mean an entire mirror (including the colour
coded shell) ?

Yes, I mean everything that hangs off the door. Generally spares are
available as mirror glass, or the complete thing. Obviously mirror
glass is quite a bit cheaper, but unless it's a straight in fit, I
wouldn't bother.

Colour coding on mirrors is a PITA. My VW van would have had them
originally, had a pair in black when I bought it - and I've since had
to replace one - the whole unit replacement consists of 2 electrical
connections and 4 screws.

They're hardly mega-money on ebay:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories