Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default gluing mirror to plastic (car door mirror)

On 14 Dec, 23:51, " wrote:
Having gone through a similar pattern, I agree with Newshound - buy a
complete new unit. One little linkage in my electric mirror was
damaged along with the glass breakage - after trying several
approaches to repair (and having not listened to good advice "replace
the whole unit") - I eventually replaced the whole thing.

Door mirrors getting damaged is a common occurence, and there's a well
established market of pattern parts if an original part from your
local dealer is too expensive.

When you say "unit", do you mean the entire internal parts inside the
mirror "shell", or do you mean an entire mirror (including the colour
coded shell) ?
Simon.