Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Furnace Blower Won't Shut Off

wrote:
Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the prompt replies.
I powered it down, tapped on everything and it works fine now.
Ed S.

Good to hear it. However, as I'm sure you know, things that are "fixed"
by percussive diagnostics don't always stay fixed, so you may wish to
find which relay it is that controls the fan and purchase a replacement.
It's likely soldered onto the board so try Digi-Key or a *good*
electronics supply.

The contacts may have welded due to excessive current draw by the fan
motor, in which case a replacement relay may only last a year or two
before failing again. You may want to check it with an ammeter against
the rating on the label, and replace the blower if indicated.

Of course, this is best done in the spring, when you're not using heat
or A/C

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.