Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default tiling in a mirror

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Attach the mirror first with mirror adhesive (personally I don't think
it's worth not using the real McCoy stuff). You attach a batten to the
wall exactly where you want the mirror, and this supports its weight
until the glue is totally set - you'd want to plan out the exact
position of your tiles in advance to get the effect right.

Why not just tile up to where the mirror goes and use those to support it
while the adhesive dries? Obviously use spacers between the tiles and
mirror. The adhesive should be ok to stop the mirror tilting and falling -
or you could use a length of wood etc to prop it in place by gravity.

FWIW some of the stock size mirrors B&Q etc sell are an exact size by full
tile numbers - depending of course on the size of the tiles. ;-)

Ive used both systems on two different mirrors. No probs with either way.

Beware, show SWMBO where the mirror is once glued up. Or not.

Mine said 'tats too high for women' and I JUST managed to get it off the
wall before the glue dried too much.

Mirrors glue is tremendous, and it sets quicker than you think.