Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default tiling in a mirror

Suz wrote:
We're putting tiles in the bathroom and I want to put border tiles around a
mirror as the main feature. Can a mirror be tiled on? Builder is a bit

I take it you mean can a mirror be stuck on like it were a tile, rather
than can you stick tiles to a mirror?

wary of this and was talking about screws, but it's slighty ugly. Any I've
seen have rubber washers at the back which means a bit of movement - good
for the safety of the mirror but not great for grouting into the surrounding
tiles.

Have a look at what I'm aiming for:
http://www.britishceramictile.com/im...canterbury.jpg

What's the best way to achieve this?

If you just want to stick the mirror to the wall, and tile round it,
then you can glue it with silicone rubber. There are ones made for the
purpose[1], but ordinary silicone will work (especially if its a plastic
film backed mirror as many of the bathroom ones seem to be)

--
Cheers,

John.