Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default screws or nails for osb sheathing

RedDwarf wrote in
:

hi folks, in a follow up to my shed building woes...
i'm building a 10x15 shed outside. 2x4 walls, 16in on center...
ready to start sheathing (osb, was planning on doing 1/2in) do i nail
or screw sheathing in? I have a nail gun, but part of me thinks it
should be screwed in... what kind of screws if so?

I've put up tons (literally) of OSB sheathing on /Habitat for Humanity/
builds, and we use 8d nails. You can check your local building code,
but I tell the volunteers to stretch their thumb an little finger as
far as they can, then put nails that far apart in every stud.

Be sure to use a moisture barrier. Down here, we put Tyvek on the
outside.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement