Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default cleaning blackened stainless steel

On 21 Nov, 17:30, devonsteve wrote:
Hi Can anyone tell me how to clean blackened stainless steel pans ,
the pan is clean but the steel has gone black in areas , inside and
out. (presume her indoors let it boil dry!) *Is it possible to make it
shine again ?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thanks for
reading * * * *Steve

Barkeeper's Friend is fantastic for cleaning anything made of
stainless steel.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homecre-Home.../dp/B000TAW5TA
It seems to do something chemical to the steel and requires just a
quick wipe with virtually no elbow grease at all. I've never used it
for the sort of blackening you're describing, but it must be worth a
go. Don't pay Amazon's price though.

Cheers!

Martin