Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default lead (drain) pipe, drum trap questions

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:36:05 -0500, George wrote:

We have a bathtub that has a drum trap - which appears to be lead, as do
the connecting pipes. (The stack is cast iron.) The trap is leaking.

After reading these posts, I'm leaning toward replacing all the lead,
right to the wye, rather than risk a future leak. (On further
inspection, some of the soldering is ... 'curious-looking'.) But doing
this has its own problems. So, I have to do some thinking, which
doesn't go that quickly for me. Fortunately, we have a second shower.

Anyway, this has been very helpful, so thanks to all.