Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running wires from the attic to the basement

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
A few days ago I posted a message about running wires through a cold air
return. Here's more info about the problem. I have some exterior lights
on the second story of my house that I want to install. I need to run
power to the lights and of course add a switch. If I call an electrician,
would he/she be able to run wire down to the basement to the panel and then
install a switch on the first floor? Or, would they tap into a hot wire in
the attic and install a switch on the second floor?

I can do anything that you want. It all depends on what your budget permits,
how neat you want the job to be, how fast you want it done and will you
allow me to cut holes in your walls and ceilings to run wires if I can't
snake them from the basement to the attic. Is your basement finished? How
accessible is your attic?

Your best bet is to get a few electricians over and pump their brains
instead of people who cannot see your house and what your options are.