Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Mortar setting time

In message , writes
On 30 Oct,
Tim Lamb wrote:

I think I will avoid bricks with a high moisture content (stored
outside) and try poking the mortar after a few days. The wall plate will
be strapped down anyway. Temporary buttresses could be screwed to
various bits of concrete if it still looks dodgy.

If the cement dries out too quickly it won't set to full strength. Ensure it
remains damp for a few days. Covering with polythene may do it.

This is a *damp* agricultural wall. No roof gutters, doubtful damp
course and probably impregnated with years of pig excrement. Drying too
quickly is unlikely to be an issue:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb