Posted to uk.d-i-y
Osprey Osprey is offline

Default Mortar setting time

On 29 Oct, 11:19, Tim Lamb wrote:
I am lifting the roof on an old pig farrowing barn to accommodate a
furniture restorer.

The roof is heavy but can be moved in one piece. So far I have raised
one side on Acrows and intend to lay two courses of brick to gain the
height needed.

What is a reasonable time to wait before heavily loading fresh
brickwork? I am particularly nervous of any side thrust encountered as I
start to jack up the other side.

regards
--
Tim Lamb

I would leave it 48Hrs ... 24 Hrs is no problem if a simple daed load,
but as you point out there is side thrust, and bricks not particularly
strong in that direction.

use a good 3:1 mix and suitable bricks, deep frog frettons as a
minimum, laid frog up, and fully filled ... or engineering if you have
them.