Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Deadbolt Stuck in Locked Position

"utilitarian" wrote in message

I have been able to remove the backplate of the lock, the side inside
the house, with a screwdriver, and see 4 holes on the back of the
lock, staring at me, but they won't tell me what to do. The lock is
still in place, nice and tight.

Going from memory, there should be a slot or square hole in the center that
the stem on the tumbler goes through. 'try to turn it by putting a flat
blade screwdriver into it. Thee are more experience locksmiths here though
that can probaly be of more help to you.

And, by the way, if worst case scenario comes true, what would a
locksmith charge to come out, and put a new lock in, in eastern
Pennsylvania ????

Figure about $75 to $125 to show up. Parts extra