Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default backstab outlets

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:09:09 -0400, metspitzer wrote:

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:50:16 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

Who makes a backstab outlet/switch that the wire is tightened in with
a screw. After a couple of problems in my home I want to change them
all out and I prefer not to haveto restrip and bend all those
connections. One manufacturer had an industrial quality connector but
I could only find them in brown. Wife would not go for that.

Jimmie

Are they backstab now? If so, why do you want to replace them with new
ones that will be just as much a problem as you are having now? If they
are screwed in now you will have to rebend them straight. If the ends are
now straight you will not have to do that much work to strip a little more
wire and bend them. It is not that big a deal if you want the job done
right.

Mike D.