Posted to alt.home.repair

Default backstab outlets

Nate Nagel wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
Who makes a backstab outlet/switch that the wire is tightened in with
a screw. After a couple of problems in my home I want to change them
all out and I prefer not to haveto restrip and bend all those
connections. One manufacturer had an industrial quality connector but
I could only find them in brown. Wife would not go for that.

Jimmie

Do you have a real electrical supply convenient to you? not a hardware
store or big box. They will know what you're talking about. BTW you
are looking for a "back wire" not "backstab" receptacle.

back wire = good; has the little clamps under the screws to hold a
straight wire in

backstab = teh suck

side wire = good, but you have to loop the wires around the screws.

nate

You forgot to mention that you can't trust backstab
outlets, they're real weasels. I don't like working
around them.

TDD