Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Cafe doors:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"sal" wrote:

Hi woodies a question about making doors . The wife wants to
install
saloon
type swinging doors I went on line and found they are about 140.00$
30x44
inches seems a bit high . I was wondering if a fellow could make
them ,or
if
it would be more effort than worth?

snip

If you want louvered, would not even think about making my own.

Unless one wants them of walnut. Ot mahogany, maple, butternut, hickory,
oak or anything else that doesn't cry out to be painted.

Special molding cutters, jigs and fixtures up the kazoo.

One can make very nice louvered doors with nothing more than a saw (table or
radial arm) and a palm sander. A drum sander helps too but isn't totally
needed. No jigs/fixtures necessary.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...