Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cafe doors:

"sal" wrote:

Hi woodies a question about making doors . The wife wants to
install
saloon
type swinging doors I went on line and found they are about 140.00$
30x44
inches seems a bit high . I was wondering if a fellow could make
them ,or
if
it would be more effort than worth?

Once finished the basement using standard window louvered shutters as
cafe doors.

Door casings were painted gloss black, cafe doors were fire engine
red.

Floor was red shag rug.

Looked like an old time saloon straight out of Gunsmoke.

Used standard millwork soft woods suitable for painting.

What material are you being quoted for $140?

If you want louvered, would not even think about making my own.

Remember the NYW project?

Special molding cutters, jigs and fixtures up the kazoo.

Starts making $140 look like a steal.

Lew