Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Hardwood Flooring in a Double Wide?

gecko wrote:
I have a double-wide trailer in Delaware and need to replace all my
rugs due to an errant dog who has now passed.

I am thinking of trying hardwood flooring or laminates, but I have to
wonder if I can do that. I am thinking that my sub-flooring might not
handle hardwood flooring. Laminates might be possible since my
understanding is that they can be installed as 'floating'. I am not
sure I really care for laminates however.

I guess what I am looking for here is any advice pertinent to my
concerns - even 'don't do it'.

Thanks

-GECKO

How dry is it under that trailer? Most trailers I have seen aren't real
solid on the bottom, and hardwood does not cope with moisture well. Not
to mention the problems with the floors getting taller on all the doors.
I'd go with a good grade of textured vinyl and area rugs, myself.

--
aem sends...