Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwood Flooring in a Double Wide?

"gecko" wrote in message
I have a double-wide trailer in Delaware and need to replace all my
rugs due to an errant dog who has now passed.

I am thinking of trying hardwood flooring or laminates, but I have to
wonder if I can do that. I am thinking that my sub-flooring might not
handle hardwood flooring. Laminates might be possible since my
understanding is that they can be installed as 'floating'. I am not
sure I really care for laminates however.

I guess what I am looking for here is any advice pertinent to my
concerns - even 'don't do it'.

Thanks

-GECKO

There are many options. When you say hardwood, do you mean the regular 3/4"
think wood that has to be finished? There are real hardwood that is
pre-finished too, but the easiest for DIY is engineered hardwood. It is a
plywood with a nice top layer and a very tough finish. A few tools and a
weekend will do a good sized area. IMO, it looks better than laminate and
installs about the same. It can go down as a floating floor, same as
laminate.

Take a cruise over to a local flooring dealer and see the array of goodies
they have. Many options in every price range.