Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwood Flooring in a Double Wide?

On Oct 7, 10:00�am, gecko wrote:
I have a double-wide trailer in Delaware and need to replace all my
rugs due to an errant dog who has now passed.

I am thinking of trying hardwood flooring or laminates, but I have to
wonder if I can do that. �I am thinking that my sub-flooring might not
handle hardwood flooring. �Laminates might be possible since my
understanding is that they can be installed as 'floating'. �I am not
sure I really care for laminates however.

I guess what I am looking for here is any advice pertinent to my
concerns - even 'don't do it'.

Thanks

-GECKO

the sub floor is likely chip board and might be 1/2 inch thick or
less.

mobile homes often have springly floors, trying to nail real hardwood
to a springy surface will likely cause lots of squeaking, loose
hardwood over time etc........