Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Lawn mower Dies after a few minutes?

Gravity fed fuel or a pulse-pump to feed fuel? Sounds like the carb
bowl goes empty. I'd remove it and watch the fuel flow for say a cup of
gas; is it a consistant flow or is it slow, just a drip?

Dry plug says no fuel; Next is carb in the line. Then the fuel filter;
those plug easily. Then the fuel tank, usually with a screen over the
output, inside the tank. Tank could need cleaning, could be a plugged
fuel filter, fuel not getting to carb, carb plugged or jets plugged.
Not much more in the ckt.

This could well be nothing but a plugged fuel filter; changed it too?

Gas lawnmower. I tried starting it today again it was difficult.
When I prime it I can smell the gas, I even see some in the air
filter. But after pulling the rope many times to try to start it, I
would expect to see a wet spark plug, but mine is always dry. Last
time when I unscrewed the bottom of the carb pan, there was gas is the
small metal pan. Maybe the problem is past that area? Thanks.

Its fuel or electrical, 2 minutes indicates when the carb is empty it
dies so a fuel passage or float, does it start whan you force gas in
by priming, then its fuel related. if more then a few minutes it
could be the ignition module, see if you get spark after it dies,
probably need a carb rebuild