Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default garden sprayer won't pump up

"Oren" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:07:23 -0400, RJ_32 wrote:

It's a plastic one, "Loyalty" 2 gal that hasn't been used in years

when I try to pump it up, very little pressure is built. It seems to not
be
sealing inside the pump cylinder. Can I make it work? Thanks.

Try some WD 40 sprayed into the cylinder to lubricate it and try
again.

the pump comes apart. it has some o rings in it. either they rotted out or
need lubrication. do so with some silicone based grease. there's also a
check valve in the pump. it could have gone bad with heat and time. this
isn't replicable.