Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Keeping things from freezing

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
I live in North Carolina where winters are mild. Rarely are there long
stretches of below freezing temperatures. My shop is in an unheated
garage, a hundred feet from the house. It fell into disuse a number of
years ago, and when I revived it last Spring I threw out all the latex
paint, Elmer's glue, etc. on the assumption that, at some time, it had
been frozen. I've been restocking, and now that Fall is here I'm
thinking of ways to keep the new stuff from freezing.

Considering your unheated shop situation, there may be times when you need
to do a winter glue-up in the kitchen, if you can get away with it, and the
temperature of the stock and glue will both be important in cold weather.

My shop is also unheated ... I buy Titebond by the quart, transfer some to a
smaller glue bottles that go out to the shop most of the year around, but I
keep the big bottles in my office so that I always have fresh glue around at
optimum temperature.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08