Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Automatic air vents - central heating...

"Adrian" wrote in message
HI All

I've not used float-type auto air vents before - so I may be doing
something wrong - expert advice welcomed !

The float vent I have in my hand has a screw on the top that appears to
close the vent even if the float is not floating.
I believe it is really for fast filling a pressurised system and not
actually an auto vent to release trapped air.
It looks like you open it to let the air out while filling and then close it
to ensure air can't get drawn in by the circulating water.
Maybe yours is the same and you have it closed?