Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Default Hardboard over floor - soaking it to prevent bowing?

"Peter Hemmings" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi,

I am just about to lay vinyl on top of some 3.4mm hardboard and was told
to soak it before laying it on top of the floorboards. Is this really
necessary?

I've always laid it out in the room in which it was to be used for 48 hours
before fixing so that it could expand/contract as per the temp/humidity of
the room.

Never soaked it - I would have thought that it was asking for excess
expansion and, besides that, I've always avoided getting hardboard wet
because of the degredation of the surface.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,