Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default Where to buy rabbit ears?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:03:20 -0400, Colbyt wrote:

"N8N" wrote in message
Does anyone sell simple rabbit ear TV antennas anymore? I got my DTV
boxes today and hooked one up in the bedroom, turns out that my old
rabbit ears allow the box to work, while the shiny new amplified
antenna that I bought doesn't really do a heck of a lot. I have
another TV with no antenna whatsoever which is why I bought a new
antenna. Or is there a more expensive antenna that will provide better
reception? I do live in a metropolitan area but I'm only getting about
half the channels that I should based on looking at titantv.com and
tvfool.com

Of course I don't watch that much TV, but so much of it is crap that
options are good...

nate

RadioShack or Ebay.

Radioshack link:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?

productId=2103077&cp=2032057.2032187.2032189.20322 04&parentPage=family

For $12 it looks pretty basic.

Colbyt

Rabbit Ears are still rabbit ears. They didn't work all that well 30
years ago, and I cannot image they will work all that well with digital.
Reflections from people, room furniture, so-on and so-forth.

Even in Metro areas, you still may have to go back to a roof top antenna
with mast motor to spin (aim) the antenna. You may not need the antenna
gain needed from the analog days, but you may need the lower interference
a roof mounted antenna offers.