Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Touch light dimmer problem

wrote in message
About 2 years ago I bought a plug in touch dimmer for a bed side
lamp. It worked fine for over a year. Then one day the lamp began
coming on by itself, at random times. Usually twice a day. So I
bought a new plug in touch dimmer. It did the same thing. I tried
different outlets throughout the house. I put it on a surge
supressor. Nothing helped. I changed lamps, and it did NOT come on,
so I figure it is the lamp. The lamp has 3 bulbs, so I replaced them
with all new ones. That did not help. I don't know what else to do.
My wife loves the lamp and does not want to change it for any other
one. Having the touch was a great convienance. Any ideas how to make
it less sensative or otherwise keep it from turning on by itself?

TIA.

Your situation seems to be the norm for those dimmers. If you like the lamp
you can get an inline standard dimmer like this:
http://www.westsidewholesale.com/ind...174&source=ad3