Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default Norelco Rotary Shaver Sharpening

JR North wrote:
I done it! Have 2 700 series corded Norelco triple heads. Unwilling to
fork over 25+ bux for new heads, I cleaned them, and then sharpened
the blades by rotating them in reverse direction with medium pressure
against some wetted 4000 grit paper on a flat surface. Worked like a
charm. They cut like brand new.

My Dad gave me a $5 plastic kit a few years ago to do just that. It was
basically a shallow plastic tube with an ID the same as the OD of the
blades. You also got bumch of little sandpaper discs sized to fit the
tube. Drop a disk into the tube grit side up, drop in a blade, rotate
for a few minutes with your finger. I'm lazy, I use the razor motor.
Doesn't seem to matter which way it turns. Repeat for the others. So far
it works every time.