Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Lube a ceiling fan?

dadiOH wrote:

SteveBell wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"LouB" wrote in message
Bought a house with ceiling fans. All work, but some are a
little noisy. Are there places to lube them? Some meay date
to 1991.

Never saw a place to lube them. If they are cheap fans they
started out that way. There was a period that fans were being
imported and they were rather poor quality.

I'll second that. Ceiling fans are not generally user-maintainable.
They're mostly disposable. I've never seen one with an oil cup.

All the Hunter "Original" (and other brands) had/have an oil cup.

Very interesting. Where on the fan was the oil cup? Maybe I just
haven't recognized them.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement