Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leveling OSB Flooring for Hardwood Install

"Otoe" wrote in message
After removing carpeting in the family room to replace with hardwood
flooring, the OSB has sagging between the joists. The sagging is
around 1/4" to 3/8" worst case. The hardwood installer said he
can't warranty the install because of the floor not being level.

Leveling compound specifies not to use on OSB. Can the OSB
be sealed to use leveling compound?

Is there some other alternative? Replacing the OSB with
plywood would be a major effort as the OSB is screwed
and glued to the joists.

Appreciate your advice,

Otoe

Is the ceiling below open? If so, I'd put cross bracing in place between
joists. First jack the osb back in place, nail in the cross support. I'd
also consider an overlay of 1/4" plywood on top.