Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laptop LCD screen problems

On Aug 18, 9:34*am, Thomarse wrote:
On Aug 15, 6:19*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:30:56 -0700 (PDT), Thomarse wrote:
And on the back of thescreen, top left (where I have to apply
pressure to get it working) is a circuit board, the connection lead to
this is fine, however the board then goes "into" thescreenvia a
ribbon?, which I cannot check as it becomes part of thescreenitself?

That ribbon will be the problem somewhere. The connection to the actual
tracks on the glass of the LCD is done by sticky stuff on the ribbon and
pressure to push the ribbons tracks against those of the panel. Sometimes
there can be a block of conductive "rubber" doing the connection.

You might be able to bring it back into life by putting a small wedge in
the right place.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Thansk for all the advice.

I had the screen apart again over the weekend and double checked all
connections and circuit boards, no problems. I also had a look at the
ribbon which joins the circuit board at the top, back of the screen
into the screen, and couldnt see how it could be pushed in any further
etc.

The screen is still not working. I think it is terminal unfortunately :
( so I am going to have to buy a new one I think!!!

Any other last ditch advice/ideas would be good

Cheers

Its not something youve got the skill to fault find or fix. You could
give it to someone that needs a pc or a kid with soldering skills, or
perhaps get another broken machine of same type and swap. You cant do
whats needed, game over.

NT