Phil Young

Default Leaking Washing Machine Drum

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:46:42 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Once the drum itself becomes corroded, then I'm afraid it is to the knackers
yard with it. These drums are to flimsy to weld and once corroded are very
difficult to make a proper seal around the rusted bits.

The only suggestion I can make, is for you to make two metal plates that
will take the heater and allow you to sandwich the drum around it, between
them with some rubber solution sealant.

Further investigation showed that the outer drum had rusted through
all around the two backets that hold the motor, to the extent that I
could push my finger through once I was actually looking in that area.

I briefly considered trying to get the inner drum out to give access
so I could plate over the inside of the outer drum, but with my
welding I'd probably have ended up with more holes than when I
started.

So I bought a new one instead, what a wimp......

Cheers,

Phil Young