Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default New electric meter - how to read ( Economy 7 tarriff reader)

I have been given a new electric meter. Its 10 foot above my head so reading
it is a exercise in logistics anyway. I have to climb up and try to see it
but each display only stays on for a few seconds when you press them.

Its white, the main face shows a single reading which constantly tics over.

To find out what is what you have to get up and press a blue button at the
top of the meter.

This then gives ( no order here because I cant recall now)
a) a date
press again
b) a time
press again
c a reading marked R
press again
d) a reading marked T

Can someone tell me which T and R stand for ? Which is day and which is
night.
I am trying to read this meter because there is something wrong with the
way its reading ( or something wrong with the house wiring) because I am
using 200 quids worth of electric a month and I have nothing on. It seems
to be something coming on at night or the night readings are out (
according to the bill) but I dont know which is which any more.

It used to be N and L and you could see them both clearly on the old meter.
Now I cant see anything and I don't which is which.

So does anyone have one of these meters and can they tell me what R and T
mean? Which is day and which is night.?

Thank you