Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default Hanging a round mirror from picture rail - Help!

On 4 Aug, 15:41, "Mental" wrote:
Guys,

Need a solution PDQ for this - SWMBO bought a round mirror from Ikea that is
supposed to be mounted on the wall via 4 spring loaded clips - they screw to
the wall and clip round the edge of the mirror.

All good so far - except it is destined for a wall I have just put wall
paper on (oh how I hate that job) and now I've got to drill 4 big holes in
it!

There is a picture rail, so what I want are clever ways to somehow hang the
mirror from the picture rail. *The mirror is round, has no frame / backing
etc that I can connect anything on to. *What would the group suggest?

** My deadline is 21.00 tonight - no solution - out with the drill! **

Cheers,
M.

It sounds like you need the sort of thing that's used to hang up
decorative plates and which gives experts on the Antiques Roadshow the
screaming abdabs! Assuming you can't get such a beast big enough or
within the deadline, Could you screw the spring clips to a wood or
metal X and suspend that?

Chris