Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev The Real Bev is offline

Default Molded wood -vs- plastic toilet seat

HeyBub wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Temperature is irrelevant where I live. What IS important is that
real wood (generally oak) can split and pinch your skin, which is an
unpleasant surprise in the middle of the night.

Raise the seat when you have to go. Be sure to hold the seat up, else it
could fall on your junk.

Uh, my "junk" is located internally, safe from the ravages of vengeful
toilet seats. Unless you mean the junk I store on top of the toilet
tank, which, as long as gravity works, is still pretty safe unless I
knock it into the bowl, a not-unheard-of occurrence.

--
Cheers,
Bev