Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default double glaze very narrow windows???

"Capt T" wrote in message
My toilet is a very small affair a door width wide in fact. The window is
narrow too and is an old metal crittal window which being extremely small
framed gives an 8" width of glass and not much less on the opening part.

I have just ordered double glazing for the house and the problem is with
the width of frame in these plastic units. This will leave me with a sort
of medieval arrow slit of glass maybe 4-5 " wide. I am thinking of either
leaving the old crittal window in place, wife thinks i am mad, or trying
to find a diy with frames similar in look to proper double glazing (ie
white pvc) which need be single glaze only. Any one know who could supply
such small framing??
Any ideas welcome.
TKS

A local glass supplier will make a double glazed unit to fit into the
existing frame - thus losing no light. While the original glass is out you
can prepare and paint the frame white.

It won't look exactly like the (to me ugly) plastic frames but nobody is
going to compare.

Mary