Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default double glaze very narrow windows???

On 25 Jul, 09:37, "Capt T" wrote:
My toilet is a very small affair a door width wide in fact. The window is
narrow too and is an old metal crittal window which being extremely small
framed gives an 8" width of glass and not much less on the opening part.

I have just ordered double glazing for the house and the problem is with the
width of frame in these plastic units. This will leave me with a sort of
medieval arrow slit of glass maybe 4-5 " wide. I am thinking of either
leaving the old crittal window in place, wife thinks i am mad, or trying to
find a diy with frames similar in look to proper double glazing (ie white
pvc) which need be single glaze only. Any one know who could supply such
small framing??
Any ideas welcome.
TKS

You can get white powder-coated aluminium thermal-break windows, with
much thinner frames than PVCu. Quite expensive though. Or can you
modify the door ?
Simon.