Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:10:05 -0700, Susan
wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

Slightly soapy water will kill most insects, but even then I would not
recommend spraying anything onto a carpet.

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Have you tried a product bait that contains boric acid? Ant traps?
"Tero" is one such product and it worked well for me.