Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
[email protected] Wilma6116@gmail.com is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

On Jul 16, 9:10*am, Susan wrote:
I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Boric Acid is real cheap. Any hardware store will have it.

I had a friend who lived in Hollywood and she had a cochroach problem
that was insane. I was afraid to go in her apartment. I bought some
boric acid and applied it. A couple of days later she called to tell
me the roaches were still there and they seemed to be even bolder. I
went over a day or two later and then she told me they were starting
to die. What she thought was boldness was actually the roaches walking
around dazed and dying. I sat in her apartment and you could hear them
falling from the walls and hitting the floor, tic tic tic tic... She
was having troubles keeping up with the corpses, she was sweeping up
dustpans full.

She was not really a dirty person, she lived in Hollywood.