Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

On Jul 16, 12:10*pm, Susan wrote:
I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

You're not killing the ants with ammonia. You're drowning them with
liquid. A spray bottle of water will have the same effect.

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

Same way ammonia kills you.

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Clean your house. Get rid of any exposed food or put it in sealed
containers. Vacuum up crumbs. Take kitchen scraps and plate scrapings
straight to the trash barrel outside. The ants are there because
there's food. Remove the food, and the ants will not have a reason to
be there, and they will go away.

Kill any stragglers with REAL ant killer. RAID.