Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev The Real Bev is offline

Default Windex kills ants but leaves my walls blue (better idea?)

Susan wrote:

I have an ant infestation and I spray windex to kill the swarms of tiny
ants but it takes so much to kill ants that the carpets, walls, and grout
turns blue from the dye in the commercial window cleaner.

Do you know if I just buy ammonia and mix it at the correct percentage that
it will still kill ants without staining my carpets blue?

What percentage of ammonia would you use?
Do you know HOW ammonia kills the ants?

It doesn't at my house.

Is there a better way to kill an ant infestation?

Terro bait stations work wonders, but are expensive. Ortho Home Defense
spray is excellent -- water-based, odorless.

--
Cheers,
Bev