Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Electrician Costs? Installing a ceiling fan with new electrical box.

"evodawg" wrote

50$ maybe 75$ (Lowes charges 75$ each if doing multiples)

It would be better to get more estimates. There's either something funny
going on here that's making the price go way up, or the guy is a rip-off.

I just had 2 fans done (attic access for both) for 50$ each.

So for 50.00 they put the fan together mounted a special ceiling fan
support
box ran wire down a wall for a new switch then up to the fan location, put
the necessary plug stops in box, installed 2 switches, and I assume this
included material. The guy that did this should have given you a check.

You might want to ask questions if confused. These were replacements of
existing ones so there was no wiring, just replacement of fixture. As we
were talking labor costs, I listed only that. I had the fans I wanted in a
box ready for the fellow.

Yes, he added a better stabilizer in the attic as one of them rocked a
little. The kit cost about 20$ and Don helped put it in (one of those jobs
that a second pair of hands is nice to have). This is an unfinished true
attic. You can stand up along the center line and we have considered making
a spare room up there. Main problem is where to put a true stairwell as the
design below doesnt lead to that very easily.