Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread[_2_] jthread[_2_] is offline

Default Hayward pool sand Filter SP714T Valve leaking?

"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
This has 6 screws holding on a cover just below the handle you turn for
backwash, etc...
What are the chances there are user replaceable parts in there?
Sounds like it might be worth taking apart for a look?
Maybe a clean and reassemble will do it?

I'll bring it to the local shop and ask.

Yes. I checked mine it's a 710. Pretty much the same thing. I've never taken
it apart but they assured me it's real simple. If you take the 6 screws off
the valve selector section it comes out. There is a spider gasket right
underneath. If you have the option to take the valve to your pool supply
store just take it in. But like I said mine slipped back into place on it's
own. My pool is in-ground and the parts are all glued into place so I can't
take my valve in to be worked on.

These are the spider gaskets:

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_mult...er_gaskets.htm

You can see how if one of the spokes slips out it can leak into the wrong
valve. Mine was leaking backwash into the pool return. Not a good thing.