Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Chapman David Chapman is offline

Default [?] Worcester-Bosch Greenstar boiler - pressure adjustment.

We recently had a new Worcester-Bosch Greenstar boiler installed and
when it was commissioned the CH system was pressure-flushed and checked
OK. I was told by the installer that the system normally runs at 1Bar
pressure and was shown the white tap and square-headed screw underneath
the boiler which are used to readjust the pressure if it drops.
Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to this at the time and
now I cannot remember the correct way to top-up the pressure.

I found that there was some air in one of the radiators a few days
ago and when I 'bled' it out I noticed that the boiler pressure reading
has dropped slightly so I would now like to correct things.

I'd be most grateful if one of this NG's experts could tell me the
correct way to use the white tap and square-headed screw to
re-pressurise the system. I'd also appreciate knowing how much the
indicated pressure readings should vary between the boiler being idle
and when it is supplying hot water drawing a bath,

Many TIA - Dave

--
David C.Chapman - )