Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Slow Basement Drain

lagman wrote:
My basement drain seems to back up whenever I run the upstairs
dishwasher or leave the water on for too long in the kitchen sink.
The water eventually does drain, but very slowly.

I tried using Drain-O but did not have any luck. We have had quite a
bit more rain than average this spring, could that be the cause, or do
you think it is clogged?

Would it do any good for me to run out and buy a snake? If so, do you
just run the snake down the drain, or do I have to find an access
port?

Any idea how much Roto-Rooter charges?

Thanks,
Dan

I'm presuming your drains are connected to city sewage and not to your
own septic system, but it wouldn't hurt to make that clear to us.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)