Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Direct Vent Gas Dryer

"Mike Schumann" wrote in message
I would like to install a gas dryer in my bathroom. The building inspector
tells me that this is only allowed if the appliance is direct-vented (i.e.
it gets its combustion air directly from the outside).

Does such a unit exist?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

I don't know of any unit offhand, but I think I understand the reasoning
behind this. I'm thinking that you have a bath fan in the room that you
would like to put the dryer. If the bath fan is on while the dryer is
running it is possible that the fan will pull air in from the outside
through the dryer vent along with the combusted gases.